The Prospect Church Youth Scholarship program is designed to help students who are members of Prospect achieve their dreams by allowing them opportunities that so many young minority students do not have the chance to access. Students who apply for the scholarship must be a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited institute (including vocational & technical schools), must be 23 or under, must be a member of the Prospect Church, must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and must be actively engaged in activities throughout his or hers high school and college experience.
Applying Students: Please complete the application further down below while also attaching the following information. (Note: You will have an opportunity to attach the required documentation after you click the SUBMIT button.)
1. Most current office transcript with classes completed and GPA
2. Official enrollment schedule of classes for the upcoming semester
3. Two (2) reference letters from non-family members (letters cannot be from within the same family, e.g. husband, wife, brother or sister)
4. List of extra-curricular activities, student organizations or positions held
5. Candidates must write a 500-word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about an experience where you failed at something and how that failure affected you.
- Tell us about the best advice that you've ever received, who shared that advice with you and whether or not you followed that advice.
- If you could meet with any person, living or dead, for an hour, who would it be, what would you say to them or what would you want to hear from them.
- Tell us about an experience when or where you had to take a risk or choose to stay safe.
- Describe something that you are passionate about, how you plan to learn more about it and what makes it so appealing to you.
Exceptions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Student Name *
Are you a member of the Prospect Church?*
Name of secondary institution that you will be attending in 2020 (College, University or equivalent)*
College, University or Equivalent Classification*
If any, what is your major or planned career path?
Cumulative GPA at end of the Fall 2019 semester*
Are you currently enrolled in classes for the upcoming semester? (If so, and as a reminder, please make sure you submit your classes schedule with your application.)*
NOTE: AFTER CLICKING THE "SUBMIT" BUTTOM BELOW, YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO AN ADDITIONAL PAGE CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION COMPLETION, INCLUDING AN OPPORTUNITY TO UPLOAD ANY REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.